Based in London, United Kingdom
In Q.U.B.E. 2, players step into the shoes of Amelia Cross, a British archaeologist, who has awoken on a strange alien planet. With the help of a fellow survivor, Emma, players must face the challenging puzzles of the Q.U.B.E. in order to try and find a way back home.
Toxic Games is an award-winning, independent game development studio based in the U.K. which specialises in brain-twisting, first-person puzzle games. The studio was established in 2010 by former classmates, Daniel Da Rocha, Dave Hall and Jonathan Savery who began development of Q.U.B.E. as a student project in 2009. The three core members were all game designers but were able to bring Q.U.B.E to fruition without any programming expertise. With advice and investment from independent game developer veterans, Indie Fund, Toxic Games were able to go from student hobbyists to independent developers upon graduation from University.
Toxic Games’ debut title, Q.U.B.E., was released back in late 2011 followed by Q.U.B.E: Director’s Cut which was released in 2014 on all major platforms. This featured a completely new story by award-winning writer, Rob Yescombe, voice acting from the likes of Rachel Robinson and Rupert Evans, an all-new original soundtrack and a special time trial mode. Toxic Games has since expanded since its early roots as a student project and is working with a number of talented collaborators who have allowed the studio to greatly improve the level of production and quality.
Key collaborators include Harry Corr, a talented environment artist who has worked on titles such as Grid 2 and Dirt Rally; David Housden, a BAFTA nominated composer, best known for his original scores for Thomas was Alone and Volume; and Benjamin Hill, a writer and producer whose notable projects include the critically acclaimed Ether One and IGF Nominated Duskers. Toxic Games are currently working on the sequel to their award-winning first-person puzzle game, namely, Q.U.B.E. 2.
- Soon to be revealed!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Casual Connect Asia’s Indie Prize Nominee" Q.U.B.E. 2 2015
- "FILE Sao Paulo’s Official Selection" Q.U.B.E. 2 2015
- "Develop’s Indie Showcase Nominee" Q.U.B.E. 2 2015
- "Zealous X Interactive’s Official Selection" Q.U.B.E. 2 2015
- "Casual Connect Asia’s Indie Prize Nominee" Q.U.B.E. 2 2016
- "Reboot Develop’s Game of the Year Award Winner" Q.U.B.E. 2 2016
- "Reboot Develop’s Outstanding Gameplay Award Winner" Q.U.B.E. 2 2016
- "Global VR Challenge Winner (Steel Media and DeePoon)" Q.U.B.E. 2 2016
- "Q.U.B.E. 2 takes the best aspects of the original and throws them all in a beautiful new 3D environment"
- Q.U.B.E. 2, Engadget
- "Shinier cubes and higher quality puzzles are on the way"
- Q.U.B.E. 2, IGN
- "The narrative has been greatly expanded and the game now has multiple characters"
- Q.U.B.E. 2, GameGrin
Toxic Games Blog
Read more information on the history and development of Q.U.B.E. 2 at toxicgames.co.uk.
About Toxic Games
Toxic Games is an award-winning independent game studio based in the UK. We make brain-twisting, first-person puzzle games.
More information on Toxic Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Q.U.B.E. 2 Credits
Daniel Da Rocha
Producer and Lead Writer
Adam da Rocha
PR and Community Manager