Based in London, United Kingdom
In Q.U.B.E. 2 players must once again step into the shoes of an unsuspecting character and explore an alien environment, solving challenging puzzles in their quest for answers. Adopting the role of Amelia Cross, a stranded archeologist who has awoken on an alien planet, players must work together with another survivor named Emma to traverse and manipulate aspects of this strange world in their search for a way home. Manipulating environments using special gloves, players must solve puzzles that will help Milly deal with her past as the environment around her adapts to her presence.
- Q.U.B.E. 2 builds upon the cube manipulation mechanics of the original Q.U.B.E. This time around players will use new abilities to place Q.U.B.E. modules, experimenting with how best to traverse and solve puzzles whilst combining these new abilities with discovered alien technologies.
- Q.U.B.E. 2 breaks linear puzzle rooms apart. Engage in a metroidvania experience, where found abilities open new pathways, and puzzles can be tackled in multiple orders. Engage in 11 brand new sectors with over 80 puzzles to solve.
- Immerse yourself in a fully voiced and in-depth story that explores themes of isolation, trust, knowledge and humanity. Engage with shady characters and alien entities who offer choices that will affect the outcome of the game. Experience cinematic, lip-biting story scenes that flesh out the world without taking you away from the action.
- Discover all new Q.U.B.E. environments to explore that hold secrets of why you are here. Traverse the industrial depths, stand in awe atop the sand-swept ruins and dwell in the overgrown and decayed outskirts of this fantastical world.
- Q.U.B.E. 2 will feature a thought-provoking new story, haunting sound design, well-drawn and fully voiced characters, incredible Unreal Engine 4-powered graphics and new, mind-bending gameplay ideas, Q.U.B.E. 2 is the puzzle game players have been waiting for.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Casual Connect Asia’s Indie Prize Nominee" Q.U.B.E. 2 2015
- "FILE Sao Paulo’s Official Selection" Q.U.B.E. 2 2015
- "Develop’s Indie Showcase Nominee" Q.U.B.E. 2 2015
- "Zealous X Interactive’s Official Selection" Q.U.B.E. 2 2015
- "Casual Connect Asia’s Indie Prize Nominee" Q.U.B.E. 2 2016
- "Reboot Develop’s Game of the Year Award Winner" Q.U.B.E. 2 2016
- "Reboot Develop’s Outstanding Gameplay Award Winner" Q.U.B.E. 2 2016
- "Global VR Challenge Winner (Steel Media and DeePoon)" Q.U.B.E. 2 2016
- "Q.U.B.E. 2 takes the best aspects of the original and throws them all in a beautiful new 3D environment."
- Q.U.B.E. 2, Engadget
- "Shinier cubes and higher quality puzzles are on the way."
- Q.U.B.E. 2, IGN
- "The narrative has been greatly expanded and the game now has multiple characters."
- Q.U.B.E. 2, GameGrin
Toxic Games Blog
Read more information on the history and development of Q.U.B.E 2 at toxicgames.co.uk.
About Toxic Games
Toxic Games is an award-winning independent game studio based in the UK. We make brain-twisting, first-person puzzle games.
More information on Toxic Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Q.U.B.E. 2 Credits
Daniel Da Rocha
Producer and Lead Writer
Adam da Rocha
PR and Community Manager