Based in London, United Kingdom
Q.U.B.E. 2 is the sequel to the hit first-person puzzle game Q.U.B.E. You are Amelia Cross, a stranded archaeologist who has mysteriously awoken among the sand swept ruins of an ancient alien landscape. Together with the distant help of another survivor, Commander Emma Sutcliffe, you must traverse and manipulate the structure of this forgotten world to find a way back home. Waking up wearing a strange suit with attached gloves, you have no prior knowledge on how you came to be in this environment. Awaiting you is a maze-like monolith, a structure that you must navigate, solving mind-bending puzzles. Use your manipulation gloves to change and adapt the architectural structure in your search to rendezvous with another survivor, finding a way off the planet. As you explore and solve puzzles to progress, thought-provoking questions about your true purpose and the origins of the structure you are navigating will need to be considered, forcing you to come to terms with a devastating truth that will shake your world.
Toxic Games is an award-winning, independent game development studio based in the U.K. which specialises in brain-twisting, first-person puzzle games. The studio was established in 2010 by former classmates, Daniel Da Rocha, Dave Hall and Jonathan Savery who began development of Q.U.B.E. as a student project in 2009. The three core members were all game designers but were able to bring Q.U.B.E to fruition without any programming expertise. With advice and investment from independent game developer veterans, Indie Fund, Toxic Games were able to go from student hobbyists to independent developers upon graduation from University.
Toxic Games’ debut title, Q.U.B.E., was released back in late 2011 followed by Q.U.B.E: Director’s Cut which was released in 2014 on all major platforms. This featured a completely new story by award-winning writer, Rob Yescombe, voice acting from the likes of Rachel Robinson and Rupert Evans, an all-new original soundtrack and a special time trial mode. Toxic Games has since expanded since its early roots as a student project and is working with a number of talented collaborators who have allowed the studio to greatly improve the level of production and quality.
Key collaborators include Harry Corr, a talented environment artist who has worked on titles such as Grid 2 and Dirt Rally; David Housden, a BAFTA nominated composer, best known for his original scores for Thomas was Alone and Volume; and Benjamin Hill, a writer and producer whose notable projects include the critically acclaimed Ether One and IGF Nominated Duskers. Toxic Games are currently working on the sequel to their award-winning first-person puzzle game, namely, Q.U.B.E. 2.
- Master Eleven Puzzle Areas and Solve over 80 Puzzles
- Explore Diverse Environments that Expand the Q.U.B.E. World
- Experience an All New Adventure and Brand New Characters
- Interact with New and Improved Game Mechanics
- Original Musical Score Composed by BAFTA nominated composer, David Housden
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Casual Connect Asia’s Indie Prize Nominee" Q.U.B.E. 2 2015
- "FILE Sao Paulo’s Official Selection" Q.U.B.E. 2 2015
- "Develop’s Indie Showcase Nominee" Q.U.B.E. 2 2015
- "Zealous X Interactive’s Official Selection" Q.U.B.E. 2 2015
- "Casual Connect Asia’s Indie Prize Nominee" Q.U.B.E. 2 2016
- "Reboot Develop’s Game of the Year Award Winner" Q.U.B.E. 2 2016
- "Reboot Develop’s Outstanding Gameplay Award Winner" Q.U.B.E. 2 2016
- "Global VR Challenge Winner (Steel Media and DeePoon)" Q.U.B.E. 2 2016
- "Q.U.B.E. 2 takes the best aspects of the original and throws them all in a beautiful new 3D environment"
- Q.U.B.E. 2, Engadget
- "The cubes of Q.U.B.E. 2 have made a pretty world"
- Q.U.B.E. 2, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Q.U.B.E. with a vengeance!"
- Q.U.B.E. 2, Destructoid
Toxic Games Blog
Read more information on the history and development of Q.U.B.E. 2 at toxicgames.co.uk.
About Toxic Games
Toxic Games is an award-winning independent game studio based in the UK. We make brain-twisting, first-person puzzle games.
More information on Toxic Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Q.U.B.E. 2 Credits
Daniel Da Rocha
Producer and Lead Writer
Adam da Rocha
PR and Community Manager